Come work at Sleepy Tigers Chinese Immersion Learning Center, a leading Chinese immersion early childhood education in our industry in the Twin Cities west metro area. We are accredited by NAEYC and is Parent Aware 4 star rated. We are looking to hire experienced Chinese speaking or non Chinese speaking educators to help us keep growing. If you're hard-working and dedicated, Sleepy Tigers is an ideal place to get ahead. Apply today!
As the first Chinese Immersion preschool in the west metro of early childhood education and care, our child development programs, based on educational research, are developed for preschool, prekindergarten, kindergarten and school-age children.
Plans and implements activities that promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth of children. Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, and developmental activities, specialized programs, and redirection of children. Communicates directly with parents. Maintains classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese speaking, reading and writing. (preferred)
- Meets expectations for delivering customer acquisition and retention, quality program, and operational compliance, and demonstrates expected behaviors. Provides care and support to children.
- Assist teachers or work independently on curriculum design, daily activities
- Engages with current and prospective parents and family members and is responsive to their needs
- Complies with Sleepy Tigers and all governmental regulations regarding the care of children
- Understands responsibilities as a mandated reporter
- Keeps the Director informed of any necessary information regarding the care and safety of children
- Completes timely and accurate documentation according to Sleepy Tigers and other licensing or regulation requirements
- Assists and accepts responsibility in other daily center duties that might be temporary in the event other personnel are not available
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, center events, and parent/customer meetings as requested
- Full Time or Part Time
Education / Knowledge
- Bachelor degree and/or state education requirements for a Teacher preferred
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and / or CDA preferred
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or related area preferred
- Fluent / Close to native in Mandarin Chinese speaking and writing preferred
- 2+ years of early childhood education experience desirable
- 1+ years of experience working with assigned age group desirable
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours required
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desirable
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required
- Supervise children in activities to ensure a safe school environment
- Create plans for daily activities in line with the school curriculum
- Engage with young children in activities that are age-appropriate whilst bearing educational merit
- Foster a positive and healthy learning environment
- Ensure the classroom is kept in a clean and safe condition at all times
- Read stories to the children as a group activity
- Encourage creative thinking and learning
- Interact with other teachers and administrative staff as needed
- Communicate with parents regarding child development and progress
- Fluent or close to fluent in Chinese speaking, reading and writing (not required)
Compensation & Benefits
- $37000-$46000 salary or $18-$22 hourly pay.
- Year end bonus
- Retirement plan after one year of full time employment.
- Paid professional development training.
- Paid / Unpaid Personal Time Off.
- Paid Holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Paid Breaks: Winter Break Dec 25th to Jan 1st, Spring Break last week in March, Summer Break last week in August to Labor day.
- Maternity Leave: paid 30 days off after one year of full time employment.
- Free employee child tuition.
Sleepy Tigers Chinese Immersion Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.